13 April 2010

MY CUZ MARK....MISS YOU


Mark Aheong Kailialoha Kauwe

April 11, 2010
Mark Aheong Kaili-aloha Kauwe, 49, of Kaneohe, a Shiatsu by Mark owner and shiatsu therapist, died in Kailua. He was born in Honolulu. He is survived by wife Leanne; sons Shane, Justin and Ian; brothers John and Steward; sisters Yolanda-Leimomi Miyahana and Kimberlyn Sakai. Services: noon Friday at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Kaneohe Stake Center, 46-117 Halaulani St. Call after 8:30 a.m. Burial: 2 p.m. at the Hawaiian Memorial Park. Aloha attire.
Published in Honolulu Star Bulletin on April 19, 2010



This is my first cousin Mark. Mark's mom and my mom are sisters. It was a shock when I heard of his passing and I still cry sometimes when I think about him and his family. Anyways, our families were close. The Serrao Sisters and their families spent most of our holidays, and of course graduation season together. Whether it be celebrating Christmas or selling leis, staying up late playing cards or completing a puzzle, eating ono food or playing music, it was tradition.

I was asked to record my self and share a memory of Mark to be played, but with technical difficulties I was not able to share mine(I think). Now here are my random thoughts that I will now share on my blog. Mark was sly, funny and even caring....he was rough around the edges, and he told it like it was. He seemed to enjoy seeing everyones reaction to a smell that he would cause. Mark had a smirk showing everyone that he was up to something. He genuinely cared for me as I came to Utah to go to school, but never continued in massage. Mark kept me in check when it came to my massage license (that I did not get). I loved listening to Mark sing, especially when he sang with Annie. Mark is very talented...and persistent. Mark is great...a great husband, father, son, nephew....and cousin. I will miss him. It's so good to have the gospel in our lives and that we know that Families are forever. I will miss you Mark. Love you tons and all my love to the family. I wish I could have been there.

Love, Tee

No comments: